Saturday, March 8, 2014

Glamglow YouthMud Mask

I had one of those hectic days at work so I decided to come home, pop in the bath with some Fortune Cookie and relax with a mask.  I bought a jar of GlamGlow YouthMud TingleExfoliate Treatment the other day when I was at Sephora so I thought I'd give it a try.


This mask is described as, "leaving skin noticeably radiant and glowing. It works with the body's natural moisturizing collagen to provide gentle resurfacing exfoliation and helps to leave skin smoother, brighter, and softer. While providing tighter skin texture and tighter pores, it provides a more youthful appearance and absorbs impurities without removing natural oils."  That's a lot of claims for a jar of sandy mud!  

So I took off my makeup and washed my face.  They mask is a little clay like but not super thick.  It is really full of exfoliates.  I made a thin, even layer on my face.  Sort of worked it around some to scrub before I let it sit.  

It's suppose to be tingly on the skin.  I don't know if I would describe it as that.  It feels warming to me.  A bit like if you have ever done a cinnamon scrub.  It dries pretty fast and you can feel it tightening.  To take it off I wet my fingers a bit and began to scrub around some really working on the places that had been dry or uneven.  Then rinsed it off with lukewarm water.  

So was it amazing?  Is my skin totally transformed?  It definitely left my skin tighter And softer.  It was a little drying in my opinion.  After I finished my night time routine that feeling went away.  My skin initially got a little rosey around my checks but after it calmed down I could see the brightening effect of the mask.  My skin looks glowy and happy. 

This product is $69 for a 1.7oz jar.  I got mine from Sephora.  So bottom line, was it worth it.  My skin has been feeling dry so I needed a really scrubby exfoliate, which this was, and I
do like how my skin feels.  I'm reserving my judgment until tomorrow when I wake up.  I will say it has perked my interest to try their ThirstyMud Hydrating mask.  

What's your favorite mask?  




No comments:

Post a Comment