Friday, February 28, 2014

Feburary Favorites

It's the time of the month when we talk about all the things I've been loving this last month.

Skin Care

For skin care I've been reaching for Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion.  
I got this as a sample in my January BirchBox and I've really been loving it.  I use the day time formula even at night as my skin can be a little oily.  This absorbs so fast and leaves my skin feeling smooth and hydrated.  The Clary sage makes it smell so fresh!  It's $18 for 1.8oz.  You can buy if from the Burt's Bees site of just grab it at any drug store.

My after bath love has been Lush's message bars. 
This one is Tender is the Night, which I plan on purchasing today (look for a Lush haul soon).  I tried this in store and it smells like heaven.  I love jasmine.  I bought the Valentine one (it smells like Rock Star soap, very much like candy) and I can't stop using it.  My skin has just been so dry this winter.  These are made out of wonderful butters and oils.  Just rub it on the skin and message in the goodness.  You do need to let this sink in some before putting on clothes but I think it's worth it.  These average about $10 and you can get them at Lush online or in store. 

Hair Care

I actually have some hair care products to rant about this month.  The first is another Lush item, Jasmine and Henna Fluff Eaze!  

I already ranted about how awesome this is in my review.  

Safe to say I am still in love with it.

The other hair product I've used a lot of is a dry shampoo by Not Your Mothers.
My hair is very color treated so I try my best to wash it only when it really needs it.  I found that this product works exactly as advertised.  Plus it gives my hair some nice volume.  It also doesn't leave a funny white residue that some dry shampoos have.  A 7oz can is $5.99.  You can get it at Ulta an most drug stores.

Makeup

I've been in a bit of a rut with my makeup but there are a few products that have been pulling me through.  

The first is Benefit Cosmetics Hula bronzer.  
I was not much into bronzer until I found this. I am super pale and was worried about looking orange or muddy. This is pretty much the perfect shade.  It's dark enough to bronze but not so dark I look like a have dirt on my face.  It's also a very neutral brown so it goes with all skin tones.  It is $28 for .28oz so it's not cheap.  You can get it from Benefit online or places like Sephora and Ulta.  

Next a fun drug store find.  
I've been using Milani baked blush in Luminoso pretty much every day.  It's such a gorgeous shimmery, peach (clearly not what's pictured).  It is supposedly a dupe for Nars orgasm but I don't think it's pink enough for that.  The price is way better then Nars, $7.99 for this!  You can get it on their site  or just grab it at the drug store.  

So there they are, this months favorites.  What have you been loving this month?  What kind of reviews would you like to see for March?  





No comments:

Post a Comment