Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Favorites

Everyone does these right?  A little recap of all the things I've been in love with this last month.

Skin Care
          I think I finally settled into a good skin care routine with products I'm really enjoying.  The thing, or things rather, that have made my skin go from alright to great is Philosophy's Miracle Worker miraculous skin care collection. 
This comes with a face wash, a moisturizer, and a retinal treatment.  This is an anti-ageing system to fight wrinkles, discoloration and improve texture.  The cleanser is a lactic acid cleanser that you can also use as a mask.  Just leave it on your face for 3-5 minutes then rinse.  It really leaves my face super clean but not tight feeling.  The retinoid pads come in this two part mix before use thing.  The first time you use them you pour the solution into the container with the pads.  They claim this makes it more fresh.  I don't know about that but I do know it has really helped to fade out the hyperpigmentation I had from old acne scars.  The moisturizer is is pretty thick but it soaks in fast and doesn't leave me a grease ball.  You can get this from Philosophy online or from Sephora.  At $115 it is not cheap but it has been worth it to me.  If anti-ageing is not somewhere you are in life I've read rave reviews for the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser as well.  If any one is interested in my full skin care routine let me know and I'll do a write up.     

Another Philosophy product for the skin I have been loving this month has been their whipped body creme.  
I bought this Christmas set when it went on sale after the holidays.  It contains two 8oz containers of lotion.  One in Raspberry Glaze and one in Almond Glaze.  Not only do these smell absolutely heavenly they are so hydrating on dry winter skin.  They absorb right in and leave you nice and soft and the scent last for hours.  I love this before bed.  The set I got is still available at Sephora for $24 dollars.  It's a steal when you consider that these normally go for $32 a piece!  

Makeup
        What have I been loving in my makeup drawer?  I picked up a find this month that I'm not sure how I lived with out.
The Benefits Cosmetics Erase Paste.  This is an amazing under eye concealer that brightens and hides those circles at the same time.  It's a pretty thick, creamy consistency but I find it very easy to blend out and haven't noticed any settling.  I really love how perfect this covers my dark, blue, circles.  Really, I have panda eyes so bad but this covers all that.  It's .15oz for $26 but this is going to last you a long time, a little goes far.  You can get it on the Benefit website or at Sephora.    

Another thing I've loved is my Diorshow Black Out Mascara.  
If you read my mascara versus then you already know all about my love for this product.  It's just so black and clump free.  I'm addicted to to volume it gives me.  I've tested out a lot of other mascaras over the last couple months and I just keep coming back to this one. Buy it at Sephora for $25.  Worth every penny.  

This winter I have discovered I really do like cream blush.
I have several I bought from NYX and they apply so easy and leave you looking like you've been out playing in the snow.  Cream blush just looks so natural.  I got this one from Ulta for $6.99.  You'll see my collection in and upcoming NYX haul.  I also plan on doing a versus with NYX cream blush and Stilla convertibles.  

My last makeup love is another NYX product.  
This is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme.  It's like a liquid lipstick.  Very pigmented, glides on smooth, and last for several hours.  I love that when it dries it's nice and matte but doesn't feel dry on your lips.  These are only $5.99 at Ulta and come in a bunch of different colors.

So there are my January favorites.  Of course that's not all I've been using but these are the things I find myself reaching for everyday.

I do want to toss a thank you out to all my readers.  I really didn't expect so many people to read this.  Thanks for helping me stick with it.  

Speaking of sticking with it....I'm going to be moving!  What does this mean for you?  Well, I probably won't get a chance to post as much for the first couple weeks here in February.  I have pictures and things for another couple all ready to go but I will be writing off my Note tablet so it won't be as easy for me.  So hang in there, I promise I'll be back to a regular schedule soon.  

Tell me about your January favorites.  What were some hits and misses and what are you looking forward to trying for February.    






         

  

No comments:

Post a Comment